My 1st Weekend - Poem by Mamello Maholela
It was cold
I felt like such a bore.
I don't mean to sound bold
But my life is so hard core.
Phone filled with air time
Clock ticking to the right time.
That's the number of the one I adore.
Kneeling down, saying my prayers
Asking the Lord oh so gracious.
Heavenly Lord so full of grace
Bless my boyfriends little face.
With my eyes closed
Tears dropping like melted ice.
Bless his little hair that curls
And keeps him safe from other girls.
Dear Lord he's good.
Bless the tears that I have shared
Alone at home, on my bed.
Lord I love him, please don't tell
But if mom finds out, well well well.
He has his faults I cannot lie
But bless him Lord, he is just a guy.
Comments about My 1st Weekend by Mamello Maholela
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda