My Kitchen Floor - Poem by Gerald Hanners
In an attempt at style,
I recently installed floor tile
in my home kitchen.
What I like best about it
is not the tint nor the way it's grouted,
but the echo effect it produces.
I can boil and bake,
preparing casseroles or cake,
while singing in full voice!
Flying back, like migrating Summer birds,
my own porcelain reflected words
give the illusion I am not alone.
Comments about My Kitchen Floor by Gerald Hanners
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl