My Personal Goal - Poem by James Grengs
I do not seek for wealth or fame,
Nor to be by men admired;
I simply wish to have my name
Be known, when at last my flesh is tired.
I am not great in deed or word,
Nor in imagination;
If by my end my voice be heard,
That were my life's summation.
My meter is poor, my rhymes are too,
But only allow me to speak to you.
Comments about My Personal Goal by James Grengs
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Read poems about / on: life
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl