My Turn - Poem by Monica Encarnacion
Been raised to always do what's right
To always please somebody
While I hide and hurt inside
I have to be good, I have to be smart.
And now that I'm out in the world
What do I do?
Should I always run a check?
I can't easily make up my mind.
If there's something new
I get scared of giving it a try
I worry what others might say
And I end up feeling blue.
Hey, loosen up!
If it makes you happy, why not?
It's your turn to decide
So, go on and drive!
Comments about My Turn by Monica Encarnacion
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda