My Way, Your Way - Poem by Charlotte Ballard
I might dream of rocket ships and summer skies
While you talk of boys and dates.
I am different from you.
Endlessly, I search for one forgotten thing.
You care nothing for waht I do.
You are strong and powerful
I am meek and mild.
My way is to search for buried treasure that
You have already found.
Your way is to jump right in.
Mine- to wait and watch for just the right time.
Dreaming of gold and treasures
You search caves and hillls.
I search the cavern of my mind
For a jewel of rare price
My way is not your way
You follow the wind, whispering through the trees.
I follow the longing of my heart.
We are different; this is true.
We are stronger than we could ever be apart.
Comments about My Way, Your Way by Charlotte Ballard
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda