C A Lofton
Nome De Plume - Poem by C A Lofton
haughty status-quo trickster.
Is it Miss, Ms. or Mister?
Check yourself out!
2day its what the brand's about.
Perhaps, not restrictive & bland
nor another believer's Christian hand.
Or historically touted unwise
olde Anglo-centric lies.
A moniker ought to be
an evolving expression of u/me
not some keyed computerized pool
set by a racist, sexist antiquated fool.
Topic(s) of this poem: Identity
Comments about Nome De Plume by C A Lofton
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda