Notification - Poem by Alessandra Liverani
How are you notified everyday of your life
That a cigarette must be smoked right now
What kind of signal is passed to your brain
Exactly what is transmitted and how?
Does a ghost appear deathly white in your vision
And intone a sepulchral chant?
Or does a messenger on foot arrive at your doorstep
And relate the message in between pants
Does a head suddenly appear around the corner
And shout out at you the word 'Boo'
Or does someone discreetly wink in the corner
That you alone know is your cue
This message unseen by the rest of us people
Is being received by you loud and clear
Can this signal at all be intercepted
So that it will only fall on deaf ears?
Comments about Notification by Alessandra Liverani
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl