O Death! Get Away; Whatcanst Thou Do? - Poem by Ramprasad Sen
O Death! Get away; what canst thou do?
I have imprisoned Mother Kali.
I have bound Her feet with my mind
and imprisoned Her in my heart
I have unfolded my heart lotus
and fixed my mind at the sahasrara.
I have entrusted my heart to Kulakundalini.
Such contraption have I made that She can't escape!
Devotion guards Her always as a watchman;
my two eyes have I made gatekeepers.
I predicted: fateful fever would attack me;
So I have taken my Master's drug
- remedy for all diseases.
"Death! I have humbled thy pride,"
"I am ready to start on my journey, uttering, Kali, Kali! '"
[Translated by Elizabeth U. Harding]
Comments about O Death! Get Away; Whatcanst Thou Do? by Ramprasad Sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl