O Lord Increate, Who Will Serve Thee? - Poem by Kabir
O lord Increate, who will serve Thee?
Every votary offers his worship to the God of his own creation:
each day he receives service-
None seek Him, the Perfect:
Brahma, the Indivisible Lord.
They believe in ten Avatars;
but no Avatar can be the Infinite Spirit,
for he suffers the results of his deeds:
The Supreme One must be other than this.
The Yogi, the Sanyasi,
the Ascetics, are disputing one with another:
Kabîr says, 'O brother! he who has seen that radiance of love,
he is saved.'
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Translated by Rabindranath Tagore
New York, The Macmillan Company 1915
Comments about O Lord Increate, Who Will Serve Thee? by Kabir
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl