Ode To Chickens. - Poem by Simmon Tan
Wobbleful fluctuations of tender chickens
remind me of wrapped packages of meat.
Shiny shoes, suspender belts and gold lighters
carry the rooster's disco beat.
Sunrise, on trickling brooks,
amongst the forest glades, rowing a boat,
laughing with the kids, accumulating compound interest,
evoke an urge to eat.
Compact feathers, from beak to toe,
are not for flying, well planned, neat.
Phoenix Claws on Dim Sum dishes,
a Sunday morning treat.
Free Range Embryos!
Sections of Cartons, Platoons of Boxes, Battalions of Crates, Divisions of Truckloads - Do not concede defeat.
A festive bunny,
with a multicoloured arsehole,
crouched in the middle of the highway,
is facing the headlights,
beating his meat.
Comments about Ode To Chickens. by Simmon Tan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl