Of Shady Shadows - Poem by Bindu Borle
I and my friend one evening did spend
under a fall-struck tree.
It was now seven years,
since we parted with tears.
And now we had met again,
me and my friend.
We talked of old places, friends and the weather.
Of the presnt condition of our sisters and brothers,
Of various others,
they, ours, yours, he and she.
We knew not when the shadows fell.
So engrossed were in listen and tell
That we came to know much later
of our calamity.
Because when we got to depart
Our shadows won't come apart!
I woke up and swore never again
to sleep with alcohol inside me
Copyright © 2006, Bindu Borle
Comments about Of Shady Shadows by Bindu Borle
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl