Perfection - Poem by Hope Jenson
Perfection is imperfect
for it does not stay for long.
The world we have is broken
and cannot hold the song.
We listen for that melody.
A broken chord and empty tune.
But the music rarely hits our ears
for across the earth it's strewn.
Perfection is imperfect,
though is captures every heart.
for when that perfect's finally gone
it rips us all apart.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Perfection by Hope Jenson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl