Poet - Poem by Tony Bethel
I am the poet, the one who writes and thinks as well.
The one who contemplates heaven and hell.
The one who seeks the depth of the soul.
The one who lifts man's spirits from their holes.
I am the poet, listen and see, for my words
shall truly set you free.
I am the one who will nourish your heart,
challenge your brain, and give your spirit a start.
I am the one you seek in your hour of need,
when western values center on greed.
I am the one you want to hear when the body is weary
of food, sex, and beer.
I am the one you turn to in doubt.
When you ask, "Is there a God?"
My words seek him out.
I am the poet for better or worse.
I set the mind, body, and spirit free through
wit, rhyme, and verse.
Comments about Poet by Tony Bethel
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Tony Bethel's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl