Smoke It, Lady! - Poem by Marc Dommers
Still smoking, you must be joking.
A smart girl like you?
It must be some kind of brain flu.
Your lungs are painted black.
Playing with your life, what the heck?
Inhaling strings of scattering grey.
It makes you ignore what others say.
Pray for some more years.
Every cell fulfilled with tears.
How stupid can you get? Damn that addiction.
Be wise, alter that dark prediction.
Coughs and grooved skin display your use.
Every cigarette treated like a muse.
DNA altering flavors bring you so much joy.
Every emotional period presented as decoy.
Always later, never today.
Tomorrow you will pay.
So, stop now!
And strength will show you how.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Smoke It, Lady! by Marc Dommers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Marc Dommers's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda