Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
Sonnet: Good-Bye, Alma-Mater! - Poem by Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
The day has come for us to say, ‘Good-bye’,
To teachers, friends and campus-life, we led:
The memories ev’r-green can never die,
But stay with us until we are all dead!
Our Alma-Mater means something unique-
Place where adolescence became adult:
Place where we learnt the art of healing sick:
Place where emotions of all kinds were felt!
Today, we have to leave this lovely place;
What sadness fills our hearts for things we miss!
Our education gave us brighter face,
And opportunities for every bliss.
We thank Thee God for making us Doctors;
Let’s mitigate the suff’rings of others!
Comments about Sonnet: Good-Bye, Alma-Mater! by Dr. A.Celestine Raj Manohar M.D.,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl