Squirrel Died Today - Poem by Christina Sunrise
A squirrel died today on the street,
I tried to save him but he was already beat.
Beaten down to the ground by a car,
going fast and going far,
hitting the squirrel who was squashed on the tar,
squirrel could barely walk for he had a scar.
Please slow down,
Speeding cars kill,
killing innocent animals that
live on the hill.
Stop for birds, ducks and squirrels too,
what if that was your kid-
Wouldn’t you feel blue?
Slow, slow down for there is animals
living all around,
they want to make it to their homes.
Comments about Squirrel Died Today by Christina Sunrise
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl