Such A Rush - Poem by Arsiema Berhane
It's mornin', I have to get up.
It's mornin', I hate to get up.
It's mornin', it's gonna be a busy day.
Wake up early, make breakfast,
today's newspaper, gotta check it out,
got to run to the office, to earn a livin'
work like a dog from mornin’ till evenin’,
get back home and call it a day
and I will wish I was somewhere else away
but right now ……
sleeping in ma cozy bed
with a lot of stuff goin’ on in ma head
all I can think is:
what the rush to the sub-way will be
if I don't get up - right now.
Comments about Such A Rush by Arsiema Berhane
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda