Swimming - Poem by Lonnie Hicks
So soothing the warm hand
which poises, glides across
the eddies of my soul
and quiets the waters there.
Your Heart dips its oars
to my deepest depths
stirring my swimming-ness.
I open my mouth like the fish
and drink you in-
I swirl inside the water-spout
and fall into the ocean-ness
where we both exist
in the quiet bliss
of our contentment.
Where in life does this ocean live-
it doesn't-it contains our life
yet itself is of an other existence.
We swim in it
grateful for the fins.
Comments about Swimming by Lonnie Hicks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl