The Day - Poem by Heather Hill
The day you left was the day I melt
The day I wondered what was I gonna do?
Was you gonna come back
Scared to death that you was gonna get killed
The day I got my hug and kiss from you before you walked out the door
Realizing that could have been the last hug and kiss ever from you
Tears in my eyes as I see you get in the car with that uniform on
The day that I wanted to tell you about our child
I look at my wedding bad and remembered that day
I ran outside and caught you before you left that come back in one piece because our unborn child is wanting to meet its father.
Comments about The Day by Heather Hill
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye