The Eighth Unwritten Ballad - Poem by Paul Hartal
On the dark lake of the unplumbed
Mixed with the orchestrated arias of winds
The eighth unwritten ballad floats.
Somnolent sparks coruscate
In ethereal tints
Gutta-percha words struggle and wither
Tired syllables reverberate
Chocolate sounds stretch and gather
Marvel in the sunshine
Collapse, unfold and mingle.
As remote tambourines jingle
Eight seagulls fly in a curved line
Like pilgrims in the formless stratum
Of the unknown.
Comments about The Eighth Unwritten Ballad by Paul Hartal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda