The Football Match - Poem by Elizabeth Russell
When you asked me to play football with you that day
My life was brightened
By the glow in your eyes
The epiphany I had of my role in your life
Etched itself into the
Darkened reaches of my mind
We played for more than just fun that day
You were the man of the match
But the game ended too soon
The phone rang
When I looked back at you
You were watching me
What did you see that day?
Were there tears on my face?
Or a frown?
Or was your sadness
Reflected in my eyes?
Comments about The Football Match by Elizabeth Russell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda