The Harpooner - Poem by Naveed Akram
He told me over the deck to call him
Whenever there was a theatre of war;
A whale may inhibit me at times,
It is caretaker of the voyage home.
Another ship can be brought to buy
The slaves and jewellery and fuel.
Clear and contrasting was the report,
Idle chatter beamed on the people of the port,
People had the answers to questions they quoted.
The harpooner came on deck
And was in evidence.
Comments about The Harpooner by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl