******the Instructor - Poem by Arsiema Berhane
a chubby Jewish guy with pale skin,
likes the classroom cold,
so we all have to freeze.
In the morning, when he comes in,
he stares at us all, with those small
checking for absentees.
Today he began:
“If you do have to vomit,
then vomit! ”
He told us to listen
when our bodies complain:
“I don’t like this stuff,
so get it the hell out of me! ”
Later he spoke of diseases,
infections, and shingles.
Mr. Evan, a chubby Jewish guy
with pale skin, likes the classroom cold,
so we all have to freeze,
and when, like me, you are slim,
it is so bloody grim!
Comments about ******the Instructor by Arsiema Berhane
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl