The Long Wait - Poem by hariharans sundaram
The day I saw you, I fell in love.
The day I kissed you, I was madly in love! !
We were young in age,
Yet we were soon engaged! !
The wait for months, before tying the knot,
Seemed like years, despite the mails and what not! !
Your life the past, present and the future
Made my days that I began to nurture.! !
Waiting was hell for the long eight months
Waiting for the bonding, clearing the paths.! !
As the dday approached, the excitement grew
We didn’t have the time to say even “phew”! !
Our first night together preparing for the life ahead
Was the best night, till now and so far ahead! !
Getting to know you was the best thing that happened
Living with you is the greatest event that ever happened! !
Comments about The Long Wait by hariharans sundaram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl