The Men In My Dreams - Poem by Lisa Zaran
All the men in my dreams
I turn away and there they are.
Staring at me with their spotless faces.
I wish I could say
what color their eyes are
or whether they have straight teeth.
At first I think I am in love with them.
That perhaps they are my lovers.
But knowing tells me they are only there
to commit some small violence.
As they reach out with large hands,
what I want folds in on itself.
I wish to go, I long to escape,
but can not.
Just as they are close
enough to touch me,
I wake up, fists closed to reject.
Legs open to receive.
Comments about The Men In My Dreams by Lisa Zaran
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Read poems about / on: dream
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl