The Nation Is Not In Danger - Poem by Habib Jalib
The nation is not in danger, but the system of capital is.
In fact, the marauder in the garb of leader is in danger.
The person who is sitting to mourn the death of darkness
That mourner is in danger, that intellectual is in danger.
Those who are apprehensive, are only the rulers,
Neither your house, nor mine, is in danger.
The place where even Iqbal has become a victim of de-recognition
Jalib, are you complaining that your art is in danger?
(Translation from Urdu: Arjumand Ara)
Comments about The Nation Is Not In Danger by Habib Jalib
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda