The Rose - Poem by Monica Jones
A single bud in a sheaf of green,
The most beautiful flower I've ever seen.
A message of friendship, a strengthening bond.
A quiet courage in the velvet petals, her silent song.
When its life has drained away
I will hold the memory.
As we make the journey along this road.
The way will be lightened by this single rose.
September 1, 1995
A gift form Peter Schantz
Comments about The Rose by Monica Jones
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl