The Sky Is Falling - Poem by Chris Tusa
The sky is falling.
And Henny Penny is nowhere to be found.
There is no bright blue cartoon sky,
no pop-up green grass.
Only a grey horizon with a single black cloud
drifting like a hole in the sky.
Minutes later, I watch rain disappear from the radar,
watch the sun blink through the clouds.
And I feel like some dumb chicken,
panic knocking against my purple chicken heart,
the seed of some silly fear
planted deep in my tiny bird brain.
Comments about The Sky Is Falling by Chris Tusa
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl