The Sleeper's Prayer - Poem by Lori Smith
I come before you that you may
protect this room.
Keep safe through the night.
Stop all evil from entering in.
I ask that you protect this bed.
Peacefully, may it hold me and
cradle me as I sleep.
Protect my mind, soul, and spirit
from evil thoughts and dreams.
Calm my mind and keep it safe.
May my dreams be pleasant to Your
name and my spirit comforted by
I plead the blood of Jesus,
Comments about The Sleeper's Prayer by Lori Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Lori Smith's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl