The Stony Heart - Poem by Satish Verma
Looking in your hazel
eyes, I was thinking.
I don't need
second coming. I want
you once for all.
of a live truth, I will wear
a cap without an emblem.
I was moving away from the crowd,
after burning the dead.
Why it was so loud?
It was a gratuity? After the
bloodbath, do you still need a bank?
My God, I am tired
of you. Seeds were scattered
for the love birds. I don't find the
I was still proceeding
towards the lake of tears.
Comments about The Stony Heart by Satish Verma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda