The Substance Of A Man - Poem by christina henry
I'd seen many a men,
Who i had no knowledge of
not one possesed what it was,
That i was looking for.
When i first lay my eyes on him
a figure, and form of distinguishness
In truth he made my head turn.
His eyes they spoke to me in such a way
and i became undone
I lost all conciousness of the world,
because i my heart was won.
I soaked up everything he stood for
With my whole being
Intoxicated with my thoughts
And not getting a moments peace.
In my awakening, of what i felt inside
I only hoped he see my heart, when he looked into my eyes
I saw and fell for, he conquered, and rendered
And stirred in me a love that cannot be measured.
Comments about The Substance Of A Man by christina henry
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl