Thee Beloved - Poem by Sharmeen Azam
What is a poet who can’t write about love?
Essentials of words cannot exemplify,
the essence of adore one pangs for.
Patience, endurance, persistence
Mere words easily
Don’t smite the chances though.
For spiritual elation comes
Nay, suffering in anonymity.
Walk over broken glass,
blood drips – forms a pool,
but it ain’t enough!
Sweetheart wants more!
It’s not love’s need
that dictates the course love takes.
You play a role?
With new moods,
With new moves,
mind may be fooled into believing.
But how will you compromise
for the heart beats a rhythm you don’t recognize.
Like the rose that emerges
In baby steps,
From the soil,
From the branch,
From the bud.
No games –
Comments about Thee Beloved by Sharmeen Azam
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda