There Is No Light - Poem by Kamaru Zzaman
No more shall there be any life
No more shall there be any wind
All the birds have shed their wings
Flowers have shed their petals
The trees are all alone
The withered leaves will now dance in stillness
Darkness has created darkness night after night
Days are lying long in shadows
All the dying images have stopped miming
What will uncover the mask of wayward delight?
What will save save the hunger from hunger?
The river is not far away
Will it meet the ocean in its last voyage?
Shadows of memory of yonder land creeping in
Words vibrating in missing language
Untold tales of the past have told tales of sorrows and death
Life will be spared in long silence
What will fight against the regimen of violence?
Comments about There Is No Light by Kamaru Zzaman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda