Thinking About Dad In Spring - Poem by Marilyn Lott
Every spring when I start gardening
In my flowers my thoughts go back
To the year that my dad died
While I work I start to lose track.
Sometimes I stop to rest and think
It was in March of 1996, you see
When I went out to his greenhouse
Oh my, just heart breaking to me.
All of things for growing he loved
But never, ever again will he
Plan and get the ground ready to
Build his gardens so meticulously.
So here I am in 2018 and once again
Thinking about my dad
Thanking God He gave me another year
For my life is not so bad!
Comments about Thinking About Dad In Spring by Marilyn Lott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl