To A Friend On Her Birthday - Poem by Ishan Chaitanya
Can I ask Heaven to be nicer to me
When friends like these are in my life?
Why, such nicety could never truly be
Among the facts in a world of strife.
But if I, dazed and confused, or sober,
Wish upon a star in your birthday's light,
I must say this: Rejoice your days to come,
And bear with us, and never leave our sight.
Comments about To A Friend On Her Birthday by Ishan Chaitanya
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl