To The Old - Poem by Sophia White
Ah! Crownéd heads of gilded years!
In robes with trains of practiced time,
Slippered in pastel sunrise,
Belted with vibrant sunset,
Walking past in company sublime!
Ah! Timelines cross thy astute faces,
Maps that trace the wisdom of ages,
Knowest thou only the intricacies,
Esteemed good and dread fallacies,
More wealth upon thee than in history’s pages.
Ah! Sagacious heralds of the pending Hand,
Silently holding up hands of warning,
Guiding us who so foolishly stray
While walking the same twisting way,
Thy steps are bright as the glossy new morning.
Comments about To The Old by Sophia White
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye