Tomorrow Doesn’t Stay - Poem by Mehreen Mujeeb
Don’t wait for tomorrow
For today to begin
Because tomorrow never comes
Until you live for today
Life is only temporary
And tomorrow never stays
So embrace today
To live for tomorrow
Before it decays
Why do you tempt mankind to waste today?
Why does mankind think that tomorrow will always stay?
When the present becomes the past
And today no longer lasts
Tomorrow is always there
As a chance.
You will only miss tomorrow once it’s gone
And you’ll only be left with memories;
Memories just drawn
Because tomorrow never stays;
Tomorrow becomes yesterday.
Comments about Tomorrow Doesn’t Stay by Mehreen Mujeeb
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda