Voice Of A True Friend - Poem by Debasish Mishra
Thank me not for my help
For u know not what a friend can do,
I can selflessly sacrifice myself-
Only for you, o dear, only for you.
Give me a bottle of noxious poison
And I will guzzle it like a careless Kid,
Ask me & my life shall be given
And my soul shall be proud for my deed.
Then if my corpse can be of any use,
Take it, o dear, without hesitation;
But the glow of our bond never shall fuse-
And I shall meet you in the next incarnation.....
Comments about Voice Of A True Friend by Debasish Mishra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl