The Horror Of Hunger - Poem by Debasish Mishra
In a corner of the shining city......
Sleeps the slums like ultimate curses...
Fragile bodies- bare and black
Distorted by the doctrines of Fate,
Desperately desire for a divine intervention............
Everyday their hopes succumb
To the irreversible Hopelessness and Helplessness.....
They desire, they die...
For a loaf of bread.
Such is the Horror of Hunger! ! !
Comments about The Horror Of Hunger by Debasish Mishra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl