Matthew James Wilson
Watching The Cat - Poem by Matthew James Wilson
Watching the cat
As it claws at the blanket that
I threw on the floor.
Watching him work off his inner frustrations
With repetitive flexings
Oh for my life to be
Simple as that.
Straightforward as the verse
I now write.
I'd get bored.
Comments about Watching The Cat by Matthew James Wilson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Matthew James Wilson's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye