We Are One - Poem by Vangile Mtyali
We are one
We are one heart
We are one body
We are one mind
We are one spirit
Just as the holy book commands
If we are one heart
Why did you break this heart of ours?
If we are one body
Why did you commit adultery with our body?
You my other half
We complete each other
But then why did you go and look for another woman
Only death was supposed to separate us
Why did you let unfaithfulness separate us?
Why did you let your work separate us?
Why did you let problems separate us?
We are one but now we are two
Number two brought unfaithfulness
Number two brought problems
Number two brought death
Together with HIV
Comments about We Are One by Vangile Mtyali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda