Were You Also Dreaming? - Poem by Andy Carl
Were you also dreaming,
This morning around sunrise?
And did we dance together,
between the four posts
of your bed?
And did you have the notion,
you'd never want to leave,
While all the while knowing,
you'd have to set me free?
For you there is no contract,
no clipping of your wings,
I will not block your journey,
I will not hold you down.
For now we're young and beautiful,
and long is the Golden Trail,
So let's be young and beautiful,
in our dreams and in our lives.
Comments about Were You Also Dreaming? by Andy Carl
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl