When You... - Poem by Katherine Sessor
When you asked for us to be together
Did you know, I was dreaming of forever?
When you took me in your arms to hold me tight
Could you feel my heart beat with all it's might?
When you took my hand to dance
Did you notice that I was in love's trance?
When you let me lay my head against your chest
Could you sense that I closed my eyes to rest?
When you stared into my blue eyes
Did you ever guess I'd discover your lie?
When you intertwined your fingers through mine
Could you predict our relationship wouldn't be fine?
When you told me your secret truth
Did you search your own heart for the proof?
When you asked 'if our friendship will always last? '
Could you see that the future can never be the past?
Comments about When You... by Katherine Sessor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl