Why - Poem by Leanne Eastwood
Is there anything wrong in liking you?
Is there anything in caring?
Why am I to suffer because I care the way I do?
I know I have a very small chance!
I know there are others in the world!
I know you won’t even give me a glance!
But I can’t stop the feelings I feel towards you,
But who you feel for, who you love for
I know there’s nothing I can do!
Put on a smile for the world and show you can be strong,
Though inside you burn and wonder what went wrong.
Butterflies when you see him,
Sadness when you know you can’t keep him,
Soon the world will crash and burn,
You won’t be able to have your chance, have you turn,
Love is like thorns in your heart,
Your being broken, torn apart.
Comments about Why by Leanne Eastwood
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl