! Why! - Poem by Cynthia Silvera
why did you hit her?
what did she do?
why all the pain you put her though?
why all the suffering, hurt, and dispair?
Dad, can't you see you're not fighting fair
why did you shame her and treat her that way?
Dad are you listening or have nothing to say?
do you think of all the good times?
do you stay up and cry at night?
Dad why did you hit her when you know it was not RIGHT?
Comments about ! Why! by Cynthia Silvera
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda