Without A Name - Poem by Satish Verma
In the triumph of flesh,
when fame of the world was your thing,
a sequence of defeats piled up
and time became stronger than the symbols.
Was it not easier
to abandon the consciousness?
Living a dog’s life was more comfortable
without a qualm.
How painful it was to know the reality unclothed!
You had achieved nothing in life
and were readying up now
to receive thoughts of death.
Time had no beginning
and time had no end.
Do you think all will be well at last?
Will we be happy without you?
Or you will be remembered as a hero
without a name!
Comments about Without A Name by Satish Verma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl