Words To Keep (Dedication To Maya Angelou) - Poem by Patrick Derilus
'You may shoot me with your words
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.'
Words like those are what I needed to stab into my chest
Words like those put me in a trance
I wouldn't have guessed such a human being could be so strong
But nevertheless, I shall not only speak on what I should do
I must act upon it
Thank you maya...
I shall carry these words into my veins for as long as I continue to live.
Comments about Words To Keep (Dedication To Maya Angelou) by Patrick Derilus
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl