You Asked - Poem by William McGehee
You asked a minuet, I gave an hour.
Asked a day, I gave a year.
I brought a bouquet when you asked a flower.
I found a smile beneath your tears.
You sought a word and found a story
Sought a friend and found a lover.
You looked beyond a moment's glory
And found a smile beneath my cover.
Comments about You Asked by William McGehee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda