william mcgehee Poems
- Honor This I asked a learned scholar. “Sir, how can I rise ...
- Rock Climbing Climb on dear friend, reach for that hold ...
- First Snow From the beds where the angels keep Their watch ...
- Smile I turn to look and see her smile. I wonder if there is...
- Silent Snow A single pane of glass divides Myself from ...
- I Dreamt Of You Last Night Aga... I dreamt of you last night ...
- Teasing Life What a tease our lives can be To promise joy so...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about william mcgehee
This I asked a learned scholar.
“Sir, how can I rise to Honor”.
And such was the master’s reply
“To rise up, live, love, fight, then die”.
“To live you must be living right
No different in the dark than light.
And though life’s path be full of pain
It’s through that path that Honor’s gained”.
“If you are to love you must see
First to that which all others need.
Second you must lay down your pride,
For love cannot live where it abides”.
“You must fight forever through your strife.
You must fight for love, fight for life.
You must fight for...