You Can Get There From Here - Poem by Joy Thacker
My dear friend you're hooked on drugs-You've lost your husband and your career-You want your old life back-And the things you held so dear-You want to get clean and sober-Free of drugs, whiskey, and beer-If you do a whole lof of praying-ou can get there from here-You can't find strength to break the habit-Often you wished you were dead-Each day when you wake up-You don't want to get out of bed-Your parents are so broken-hearted -Because you ended up this way-You fell in with the wrong crowd-And your life went astray.
Comments about You Can Get There From Here by Joy Thacker
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda